Summer Bakery Intern
Love & Buttercream is seeking an organized, personable, and enthusiastic team member!
Love & Buttercream is seeking a motivated, personable, and enthusiastic Summer Bakery Intern to assist us with our busy Wedding & Events Season! Love & Buttercream is an all-from-scratch bakery, featuring everything from Cookies to Wedding Cakes. We are looking for a friendly, organized, and personable intern to assist with day to day baking, cake and small treats prep, photography, and wedding and special event deliveries. Our new team member must be available Thursdays and Fridays. This position is unpaid, and dates are flexible. This internship does have potential to grow into a paid position as our business continues to grow, and can also be used toward college credit (as approved by the University). This position will offer 25-35 hours per week. This new part-time intern should have a great work ethic, be diligent and timely, and have an eye for detail.
Love & Buttercream works hard to create a team-focused atmosphere. Our new Intern must be a great team player, and be able to take direction from the Manager and Owner. Baking and customer service experience are not required, but of course are always helpful. If you’re passionate about desserts and sweet treats, and are seeking an exciting and challenging work experience, this may be a great fit for you!
Requirements and responsibilities include:
• Prepping and assembling Buttercream recipes
• Prepping cakes for assembly and decoration
• Packaging Special Orders
• Preparing fillings as needed
• Simple decoration and preparation of case items
• Simple fondant work
• Assisting with filling Macarons
• Assisting on order deliveries and set ups
• Shared responsibility for dishes and light cleaning
• Occasionally assist customers/answer phone as needed
• Maintain a positive and cheerful drive with a “can-do” attitude
• Must be available to work varied shifts, including Thursdays, Fridays, and occasional Saturdays, and be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs
Please send a resume and the reasons you are interested in this position to
Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Summer Bakery Intern",
along with a completed job application, which can be downloaded below.