Seasonal Decorating & Baking Preparation Assistant
Love & Buttercream is seeking an organized, personable, and enthusiastic team member!
Love & Buttercream is an all-from-scratch bakery, featuring everything from cookies to wedding cakes. We are looking for a friendly, organized, and efficient team member to assist with preparation for daily cake pops, cookies, cakes, and other treats. Our new team member must have a flexible schedule, and be available to work at our location in Birmingham. This is a part time, hourly, position with flexible hours, requiring about 15-25 hours per week, with more hours available closer to the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays.
1-2 years of experience in the baking industry, or a baking or pastry certificate or degree is preferable, but not required.. Our new team member should have a great work ethic, be diligent and timely, and have an eye for detail. Love & Buttercream prides itself on creating a team-focused atmosphere. Our new Assistant must be a great team player, and must be able to take direction from L+B’s Department Leads and Owner. We are looking for someone who possesses a wonderful service personality and is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. If you’re passionate about desserts and sweet treats, and are seeking a fun, fast-paced work opportunity, this may be a great fit for you!
Requirements and responsibilities include:
• Adherence to Covid-19 Protocol, including, but not limited to, mask-wearing, daily symptom questionnaires, and daily sanitizing tasks.
• Preparing & baking cakes, brownies, truffles, and other L+B baked items
• Preparing various buttercreams and doughs, filling macarons
• Producing small treat creations based on L&B standards and brand guidelines
• Preparing and creating custom and bakery orders for cake pops, sugar cookies, cupcakes, cakes, and more
• Torting, filling, and icing L&B cakes
• Packaging and labeling products
• Maintaining consistency and quality of product with attention to taste, preparation, and design
• Communicating effectively in written, electronic, and oral platforms
• Working knowledge of Food Safety & Sanitation guidelines
• Handling multiple tasks & prioritizing workload; efficiency, time management, and thoroughness are essential
• Maintaining a positive and cheerful drive with a “can-do” attitude
• Sharing responsibility for cleaning, organizing, and dish-washing
• Assisting on order deliveries and set-ups, as needed
• Assisting customers and answering phones, as needed
• Assisting with simple fondant tasks and small treat tasks as instructed by manager
• Working between departments to promote teamwork and efficiency
• Having an excellent on-time and low absence performance record
• Believing and embodying the L&B personality and interacting with customers in a friendly and active manner
• Must be available to work varied shifts (15-25 hrs/week including Thursdays, Fridays, & some Saturdays), be able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Please send a resume and the reasons you are interested in this position to
Katie at , with the subject line “Seasonal Deco & Baking Prep Assistant",
along with a completed job application, which can be downloaded below.