FT Experienced Cake Decorator
Love & Buttercream is seeking an organized, personable, and enthusiastic team member!
We are looking for a motivated, personable, and artistic FULL TIME Decorator to create custom cakes, wedding cakes, sugar cookies, cake pops, and more. Love & Buttercream is an all-from-scratch bakery, featuring everything from cookies to wedding cakes. Our new team member must be available on Thursdays and Fridays, and Saturdays are preferred. This position offers 36-40 hours per week (4-6 days per week depending on availability and demand). 1-2 years of experience with cake decorating is required.
Our new team member should have a great work ethic, be diligent and timely, and have a creative and visionary mind. Love & Buttercream prides itself on creating a team-focused atmosphere. Our new decorator must be a great team player, and must be able to take direction from our Manager and Owner. We are looking for someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. If you're passionate about desserts, and are seeking a fun, fast-paced work opportunity, this may be a great fit for you!
Requirements and responsibilities include:
• Adherence to Covid-19 Protocol, including, but not limited to, mask-wearing, daily symptom questionnaires, and daily
• Preparing and creating custom cake pops, sugar cookies, cupcakes, cakes, and more based on L&B standards and
• Experience with Buttercream cakes - torting, filling, icing, stacking, piping details
• Experience with fondant cakes is preferred—crumbing, icing, fondant covering and smoothing.
• Experience with detailed buttercream decoration and creating fondant elements for cakes and other decorated treats
• Strong fine motor skills
• Experience with sugar cookie decorating is preferred but not required
• Strong attention to detail and ability to draw inspiration from customer-submitted photos or items, visualize elements, and put them together to create a design to please the customer
• Experience with cupcake decorations
• Maintaining consistency and quality of product with attention to taste, preparation, quality, and design aesthetic
• Ability to read, comprehend, and execute custom orders
• Communicating effectively in written and oral platforms
• Working knowledge of Food Safety & Sanitation guidelines
• Handling multiple tasks & prioritizing workload; efficiency, time management, and thoroughness are essential
• Maintaining a positive and cheerful drive with a "can-do" attitude
• Sharing responsibility for cleaning, organizing, and dishes; responsible for cleanliness of workstation
• Assisting with wedding and special order deliveries and set ups as needed, as well as dessert table and display set-up
• Possess a team mentality and assist other team members on tasks as needed
• Good visualization skills, problem-solving skills, and creative mind to bring custom orders to life
• Having an excellent on-time and low absence performance record
• Must be available to work Thursdays, Fridays, and some Saturdays are preferred; ability to work Wednesdays is also preferred
• Be able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Please send a resume, along with the reasons you are interested in this position to Ashleigh at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “ PT Experienced Cake Decorator"