Front Counter & Bake Shop Assistant
Love & Buttercream is seeking an organized, personable, and enthusiastic team member!
Love & Buttercream is an all-from-scratch bakery, featuring everything from cookies to wedding cakes. We are looking for a friendly face to assist customers with their dessert counter purchases, keep our front-of-house running smoothly, promote our products, assist customers in placing custom orders, ensure dessert counter products and displays are of highest quality, and assist our bakers, decorators, and managers with day-to-day tasks within the bakery. Our new team member must have a flexible schedule, and be available to work at our location in Birmingham. This is a part-to-full time, hourly position, offering 20-30 hours with the opportunity for more hours as holidays approach, and requires Friday & Saturday availability.
Our new team member must have a great customer service personality, be diligent and timely, organized and thorough, and have a great work ethic. Love & Buttercream works hard to create a team-focused atmosphere. Our new team member must be a great team player, and must be able to take direction from our Bake Shop management team and Owner. Our new team member should have an upbeat personality and should work to ensure 100% customer satisfaction each and every day. If you're passionate about desserts and sweet treats, are a great team player, and love assisting people, this may be a great fit for you!
Requirements and responsibilities include:
• Adherence to Covid-19 Protocol, including, but not limited to, mask-wearing, daily symptom questionnaires, and daily sanitizing tasks.
• Offering a great customer service personality, with the ability to up-sell and promote products, and create a wonderful experience for all customers.
• Assisting customers with order placement, including specialty cake design, pricing, and follow-through.
• Maintaining and working with our Online Ordering system, preparing and packaging orders as they are placed, and ensuring par levels are accurate.
• Organizing orders and inputting details into the L&B ordering system.
• Working cash register, credit card machine, espresso & coffee machines.
• Answering phones, returning voicemail, and sending email as needed.
• Multitasking and prioritizing customers and workload; efficiency, thoroughness, and following through with all tasks is very important.
• Assisting with packaging orders and cleaning tasks in off-peak periods, and performing other related duties as assigned by a manager or owner.
• Maintaining a positive & cheerful vibe, and a can-do attitude.
• Maintaining knowledge of seasonal and holiday menu products
• Handling, storing, and rotating all products properly
• Problem solving during times of high stress; working with management team to troubleshoot and solve problems collectively and swiftly.
• Meeting and exceeding L&B's standards for hygiene and cleanliness, following opening/closing checklists which include light cleaning tasks such as sweeping & mopping floors, wiping counters, washing dishes, and performing end-of-day inventory, as needed.
• Maintaining regular and punctual attendance and having reliable transportation.
• Deliver customer orders, as needed, using bakery vehicle.
• Communicating effectively in written, electronic, and oral platforms
• Must be available to work varied shifts Monday through Saturday, be able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Please send a resume and the reasons you are interested in this position to
Katie at , with the subject line “Front Counter & Bake Shop Assistant",
along with a completed job application, which can be downloaded below.