Love & Buttercream is seeking an organized, personable, and enthusiastic team member!
Love & Buttercream is an all-from-scratch bakery, featuring everything from cookies to wedding cakes. We are looking for a meticulous, driven, and efficient team member to assist with daily production for our dessert counter and custom orders. Our new team member must have a flexible schedule, and be available to work at our location in Birmingham. This is a part or full time, hourly, position with the opportunity for more hours as the holidays approach.
A baking or pastry certificate or degree is preferable, but not required. If you do not possess a baking or pastry certificate or degree, 1-3 years of experience in the baking industry is required. Our new team member must be diligent and timely, be organized and thorough, and have a great work ethic. Love & Buttercream works hard to create a team-focused atmosphere. Our new team member must be a great team player, and must be able to take direction from the Bake Shop management team and Owner. Our new team member should have an upbeat personality and should work to endure 100% customer satisfaction each and every day. If you're passionate about desserts and sweet treats, are a great team player, and love assisting people, this may be a great fit for you!
Requirements and responsibilities include:
• Adherence to Covid-19 Protocol, including, but not limited to, mask-wearing, daily symptom questionnaires, and daily sanitizing tasks.
• Completing from-scratch bakery products, such as cakes/cupcakes, buttercream, bars, macarons, cookies, and more.
• Adhering to the standards of L&B products, and following recipes flawlessly to create perfectly baked products; ensuring the look & feel of products reflects the Love & Buttercream brand and standards.
• Maintaining a positive & cheerful vibe, and a can-do attitude.
• Knowledge of Health Code & Safety Requirements; Serv-Safe certification preferred
• Keeping the kitchen clean, organized, and team-friendly; washing dishes, putting away supplies, restocking as needed.
• Maintaining knowledge of seasonal and holiday recipes, products, and style guides.
• Handling, storing, and rotating all products properly
• Understanding and maintaining proper par levels
• Problem solving during times of high stress; working with management team to troubleshoot and solve problems collectively and swiftly.
• Efficiently multitasking and prioritizing workload; organizing and following through on all tasks is very important.
• Maintaining regular and punctual attendance and having reliable transportation.
• Deliver customer orders, as needed, using bakery vehicle.
• Communicating effectively in written, electronic, and oral platforms
• Must be available to work varied shifts Monday through Saturday, be able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Please send a resume and the reasons you are interested in this position to
Katie at email@example.com, with the subject line “From-Scratch Baker",
along with a completed job application, which can be downloaded below.