Decorating & Small Treats Preparation Assistant
Love & Buttercream is seeking an organized, personable, and enthusiastic team member!
Love & Buttercream is an all-from-scratch bakery, featuring everything from cookies to wedding cakes. We are looking for a friendly, organized, and efficient team member to assist with preparation for daily cake pops, sugar cookies, cakes, and other decorated treats. Our new team member must have a flexible schedule, and be available to work at our location in Birmingham. This is a part time, hourly, position with flexible hours, requiring about 20-30 hours per week, with more hours available closer to the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays. As our business slows in January, hours will likely be unavailable or significantly reduced, but may become available again in February, but cannot be guaranteed. With the many unknowns surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, availability of hours may change depending on changes the bakery is required to make.
1-2 years of experience in the baking industry, or a baking or pastry certificate or degree is preferable. Our new team member should have a great work ethic, be diligent and timely, and have an eye for detail. Love & Buttercream prides itself on creating a team-focused atmosphere. Our new Assistant must be a great team player, and must be able to take direction from our Decorating Department Lead and Manager. We are looking for someone who possesses a wonderful service personality and is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. If you’re passionate about desserts and sweet treats, and are seeking a fun, fast-paced work opportunity, this may be a great fit for you!
Requirements and responsibilities include:
• Producing small treat creations based on L&B standards and brand guidelines
• Preparing and creating custom and bakery orders for cake pops, sugar cookies, cupcakes, cakes, and more
• Torting, filling, and icing L&B cakes
• Packaging and labeling products
• Maintaining consistency and quality of product with attention to taste, preparation, and design
• Communicating effectively in written, electronic, and oral platforms
• Working knowledge of Food Safety & Sanitation guidelines
• Handling multiple tasks & prioritizing workload; efficiency, time management, and thoroughness are essential
• Maintaining a positive and cheerful drive with a “can-do” attitude
• Sharing responsibility for cleaning, organizing, and dish-washing
• Assisting on order deliveries and set-ups, as needed
• Assisting customers and answering phones, as needed
• Assisting with simple fondant tasks and small treat tasks as instructed by manager
• Working between departments to promote teamwork and efficiency
• Having an excellent on-time and low absence performance record
• Believing and embodying the L&B personality and interacting with customers in a friendly and active manner
• Must be available to work varied shifts (20-30 hrs/week including Thursdays, Fridays, & some Saturdays), be able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Please send a resume and the reasons you are interested in this position to
Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Deco Prep Assistant",
along with a completed job application, which can be downloaded below.