Baking Team Manager
Love & Buttercream is seeking an organized, personable, and enthusiastic team member!
Love & Buttercream is an all-from-scratch bakery, featuring everything from cookies to wedding cakes. We are looking for a meticulous, driven, and efficient person to assist us with daily production for our dessert counter, and custom orders. This is a salaried position, requiring at least 40 hours per week, with additional hours expected around the holidays and busy wedding seasons. Our new team member must have a flexible schedule, and be available to work at our location in Birmingham.
Our new team member must be diligent and thoughtful, organized and thorough, and have a great work ethic with a leading spirit. Our new team member should have a great work ethic, be diligent and timely, and have an eye for detail. Love & Buttercream prides itself on creating a team-focused atmosphere. Our new Leader must be a great team player, and must be able to lead their team of bakers, work cohesively with L+B’s Department Leads, and take direction from the bakery Owner. Our new team leader must be Serv-Safe Certified. A degree or certificate in Baking or Pastry is preferred but not required. If a degree or certificate is not possessed, 2+ years of professional baking experience working in a professional kitchen is required. We are looking for someone who possesses a wonderful service personality and is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. If you’re passionate about desserts and sweet treats, and are seeking a fun, fast-paced work opportunity, this may be a great fit for you!
Requirements and responsibilities include:
• Adherence to Covid-19 Protocol, including, but not limited to, mask-wearing, daily symptom questionnaires, and daily sanitizing tasks.
• Overseeing production of all baked treats at L&B, including day-to-day product, custom orders, and wedding orders, based on L&B standards and brand guidelines.
• Overseeing completion of and completing bakery products such as from-scratch cakes, cupcakes, buttercreams, cookies, bars, macarons, and more.
• Creating baking team work schedule; managing hours and team needs to avoid overtime.
• Maintaining positive and cheerful vibe with a “can-do” attitude.
• Knowledge of and enforcement of Health Code & Safety Requirements; keeping the kitchen clean, organized, and team-friendly.
• Assisting with menu development, design, recipe testing, and cost-out each season, based on L&B Standards & brand.
• Thinking forward with a creative mind; continuing to build our team, brand, and best practices to ensure the bakery’s constant growth and evolvement.
• Managing product inventory and pars; handling, storing, and rotating all products and ingredients properly.
• Problem solving during times of high stress, working with management team to troubleshoot and solve problems collectively and swiftly.
• Assisting in development of baking-related Classes & Events; teaching Classes & Events at L&B and on location, when needed.
• Effectively multitasking and prioritizing workload in an organized manner, and following through on all tasks is very important.
• Assist baking team with training and development of new skills.
• Create and maintain an environment that ensures all team members feel valued, important, and appreciated; answer questions, offer insight; promote trust, teamwork, and respect amongst team members.
• Managing an open relationship with Bakery Owner, and other managers, to ensure all necessary knowledge and information is shared between parties.
• Work with Decorating and FOH Managers and leads to ensure seamless flow and interaction between departments.
• Along with Bakery Owner, oversee hiring, training, and promotion of team members.
• Having an excellent on-time and low absence performance record
• Must be available to work varied shifts Monday-Saturday, be able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Please send a resume and the reasons you are interested in this position to
Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Baking Team Manager",
along with a completed job application, which can be downloaded below.