Experienced Cake Decorator
Love & Buttercream is seeking an organized, personable, and enthusiastic team member!
Love & Buttercream is an all-from-scratch bakery, featuring everything from cookies to wedding cakes. We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and efficient team member to create custom cakes, wedding cakes, sugar cookies, cake pops, and more. Our new team member must have a flexible schedule, and be available to work some evenings and weekends, and holiday seasons as needed. This position offers 25-40 hours per week. 1-2 years of experience with cake decorating is required. Our new team member should have a great work ethic, be diligent and timely, and have a creative and visionary mind.
Love & Buttercream prides itself on creating a team-focused atmosphere. Our new decorator must be a great team player, and must be able to take direction from our Decorating Department Manager. We are looking for someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. If you’re passionate about desserts and sweet treats, and are seeking a fun, fast-paced work opportunity, this may be a great fit for you!
Requirements and responsibilities include:
• Adherence to Covid-19 Protocols including, but not limited to mask-wearing and daily sanitizing tasks
• Preparing and creating custom and case-style cake pops, sugar cookies, cupcakes, and cakes based on L&B standards and brand guidelines
• Torting, filling, and icing L&B cakes to prepare for decorating
• Packaging and labeling products in accordance with L&B standards
• Maintaining consistency and quality of product with attention to taste, preparation, quality, and design aesthetic
Ability to read, comprehend, and execute custom orders; Communicating effectively in written and oral platforms
• Working knowledge of Food Safety & Sanitation guidelines
• Handling multiple tasks & prioritizing work load; efficiency, time management, and thoroughness are essential
• Sharing responsibility for cleaning, organizing, and dishes; responsible for cleanliness of work station
• Experience with sugar cookie cutting, decorating, basic fondant work, and cupcakes
• Experience with Buttercream cakes—icing, stacking, piping details
• Experience with fondant cakes is preferred, but not required
• Experience with buttercream decoration, basic fondant elements, and cake design; strong fine motor skills
• Possess a team mentality, and assist other team members with tasks as needed
• Building, icing, and decorating buttercream and fondant cakes in accordance with L&B’s decorating standards
• High energy, with the ability to work a flexible schedule and do whatever it takes to accomplish tasks
• Assisting with wedding and special order deliveries, as well as dessert table and display set up
• Having an excellent on-time and low absence performance record
• Assist customers with orders and offer creative design suggestions; meet and exceed customer expectations
• Good visualization skills, problem solving skills, and creative mind to bring custom orders to life
• Maintaining a positive and cheerful drive with a “can-do” attitude
• Willingness to wear a mask or facial covering when required
• Must be available to work varied shifts, including Thursdays, Fridays, & some Saturdays, be able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Please send a resume and the reasons you are interested in this position to
Brooke at Brooke@loveandbuttercream.com, with the subject line “Experienced Cake Decorator",
along with a completed job application, which can be downloaded below.